AXIS M30-VE Network Cameras
Posted by Security Electronics and Networks | @Articles CCTV | May 13, 2013, 7:00am AEST
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today presents AXIS M3024-LVE, which provides 1-megapixel or HDTV 720p video with an 80° field of view, and AXIS M3025-VE, which delivers 2-megapixel, HDTV 1080p video with a wide 93° viewing angle. Both cameras have an automatically removable infrared-cut filter.
It allows the cameras to capture colour video during daytime conditions and make use of infrared (IR) light in low-light conditions for high-quality black and white video. AXIS M3024-LVE further enables surveillance in complete darkness when using its built-in infrared (IR) illumination, see film.
“While AXIS M30-VE cameras are small in size and price, they provide many benefits including HDTV performance, day/night functionality, input/output ports for external devices and support for the easy-to-use AXIS Camera Companion and other video management software,” says Erik Frännlid, Axis’ director of product management.
“They are also vandal-resistant and can be quickly installed in indoor or outdoor environments. Altogether, AXIS M30-VE cameras are attractive solutions for professional installations with tight budgets.”
AXIS M3024-LVE and AXIS M3025-VE enable quick and easy installation. They can be mounted on walls or ceilings, and the camera direction can be easily adjusted. The cameras support Corridor Format for vertically oriented video streams that maximise coverage of areas such as along walls and aisles.
The cameras also come focused at delivery, which shortens the installation time. They have a 2 m (6.6 ft.) network cable and are powered using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af). Separate outdoor housings are not required as the cameras are outdoor-ready with IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings that ensure protection against dust, rain, snow and corrosion.
AXIS M3024-LVE and AXIS M3025-VE are planned to be available in Q3 2013 through Axis distribution channels.
The cameras’ other features include:
• Multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG video formats.
• Wide Dynamic Range with dynamic contrast for handling difficult lighting conditions.
• Enhanced alarm management with one input and one output port for connection to external devices.
• Intelligent video applications such as video motion detection and tampering alarm, as well as additional applications through AXIS Camera Application Platform (e.g., people counting).
• The cameras’ built-in microSDXC card slot enables several days of recording to be stored locally on a memory card. When it is used together with the free
AXIS Camera Companion, users have an easy way to remotely view and manage video from up to 16 cameras per site.