Department of Home Affairs Releases Safer Communities Funding Round 4
Funding for security projects now available.
AUSTRALIA’S Department of Home Affairs has released Safer Communities Fund Round 4, with applications for grants required before April 4 and projects completed by March 31, 2021.
The Safer Communities Fund Round 4 provides schools and pre-schools, community organisations and local councils with grants of between $A50,000 and $1.5 million for security infrastructure and engagement activities to protect children in the community who are at risk of attack, harassment or violence stemming from racial or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include:
Infrastructure activities such as installing:
* Fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
* Security lighting
* Security and alarm systems
* Public address systems
* Intercoms and swipe access
* Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools and preschools.
Engagement activities can include:
* Social cohesion projects that reduce the chance of children being attacked or harassed due to racial or religious intolerance
* Community and youth engagement forums targeted at people at risk of offending to reduce security risks stemming from racial or religious intolerance
* Training for staff at organisations who work with children with the aim of reducing racial or religious intolerance
* Other preventative activities that can demonstrate a reduction in the chance of children being attacked or harassed due to racial or religious intolerance.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2021 – click here for more information, including contact details.