Current List of ASIAL Graded Monitoring Centres
PSTN lines in a monitoring centre.
The ASIAL Graded Monitoring Centre scheme seeks to provide customers with the reassurance that the high standards applied at a monitoring centre are independently audited on a regular basis.
The type of items that are covered in the standard are:
* Construction of the centre, together with its physical and fire protection
* Access into the centre and its ‘modus operandi’
* Ventilation systems (their integrity and operation)
* Power supply arrangements (multiple redundancy and standby times)
* Communications (telephones, duress and radio)
* Redundancy in the monitoring equipment and its record-keeping.
AS 2201.2 includes a full checklist covering all aspects of the Monitoring Standard. Further, a useful pre-grading checklist is available that will assist applicants in preparing for their own certification (grading) inspection.
This will be provided by email once an application is received by ASIAL. The checklist may also be useful for ASIAL Graded Monitoring Centres to undertake their own in-house audits mid-term between formal grading inspections.
You can see the full list of ASIAL graded monitoring stations here.