Melbourne Cricket Club Seeks Security Services Manager
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC), which manages one of the largest and the most successful stadiums in the world, the MCG, seeks a security services manager.
A newly created opportunity has become available for an experienced security services manager (SSM) to join the Safety & Security & Precinct team within the Venue & Event Services department in a high profile management position. This role reports to the security & precinct manager and is a critical operational role that is responsible for the management of the venue security officers (VSO) and security contractors to ensure that safety and security threats and hazards at the MCG and precinct are appropriately managed on a day to day basis.
The key focus areas of this role are:
* Leading, mentoring and performance managing a diverse VSO and contracted service provider team
* Effective management and delivery of event and non-event day security, safely and emergency management operations
* Developing and maintaining security Standard Operating Procedures, monitoring the delivery through quality assurance activities and identifying and implementing process improvement
* Creating and maintaining positive relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders including the internal security partner, AFL, Cricket Australia, Victoria Police and Emergency Services
* Managing and delivering on security related projects as required.
In addition, on event day the SSM is expected to perform the role of MCC Security Manager on rotating roster to contribute to the delivery of events at the MCG and Yarra Park.
To be successful in this role you will need to have worked in a similar operational position (preferable for a major venue or public site)and demonstrated exceptional leadership skills with extensive experience in managing, mentoring and coaching teams and are committed to team outcomes.
Ideally you will possess or have the following qualifications and or the experience:
* Hold or obtain a current Security Licence (if successful in the role) and First Aid Certificate
* Certificate III in Security Operations and / or other relevant security industry qualification
* Risk Management qualification or relevant experience
* Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or relevant experience in training or coaching
* Exceptional verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
* Strong organisational skills and proven ability to manage tasks and meet competing deadlines.
It is essential to be available to be on call as part of the Emergency Management team roster (rotating roster) after hours and also be available to work event/match days as part of the MCC Security Manager roster.
For a more detailed description of the role and to apply, please click here. This position is open to both internal and external applicants. Applications close Sunday 21, June, 2020.