Security Manager Sought For Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
Sydney Children's Hospital Network, Westmead.
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, the largest paediatric health care entity in Australia, seeks a security manager to be based at Westmead.
SCHN is seeking a highly motivated individual with significant security management and leadership experience. This role is responsible for the effective strategic leadership, management, planning, resource management and direction of all services and responsibilities associated with the security portfolio.
The role includes collaborating and negotiating with internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and non-government stakeholders in order to optimise service delivery and outcomes, regarding the delivery of effective emergency and non-emergency response capabilities and improve site-based security and safety.
The successful applicant will need an understanding of operational security communications such that they can manage a multi-faceted, complex, high volume environment delivering on expectations of the CHW, patient and family needs.
Reporting to the corporate services manager, this role has primary responsibility for leading the security team to be an optimal customer service department and to challenge and grow the team through experienced leadership strategies. This role is also responsible for providing specialist technical advice to management and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have:
* Prior experience in leadership and supporting complex change management in the security industry
* Superior vision and experience in delivering excellent customer service
* Strong business/commercial acumen, including the ability to write complex reports
* Confidence to not just manage their team but demonstrate strong leadership skills
* Experience in budgeting, costings and/or involvement in tenders is desirable
* Well-developed people skills and the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people
* An exemplary understanding of security threat and risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
* Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
Please ensure you attach your resume and a covering letter with your application addressing the following questions:
1. List the top 5 attributes you believe are necessary to be a success as a security manager in a paediatric environment.
2. Provide an example of a challenging leadership scenario that you have experienced explaining why it was challenging and what steps you took.
3. If successful, what would you hope to achieve with your team in the first six to 12 months in the role and what would your top leadership and strategic priorities be?
Your application should address all essential criteria. Previous applicants need not apply. All applicants should call and discuss their application with Marny Thomas, corporate services manager, the Children’s Hospital at Westmead at [email protected] or 98452662.
Applications Close: 14th June 2020