Boeing Defence Australia Requires Senior Security Manager
Boeing is currently seeking a senior security manager for Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) to be located in the Brisbane office. Applicants near other BDA locations in Adelaide, Williamtown and Sydney would also be considered.
The position will involve senior management oversight and responsibility for all BDA security arrangements. Key to this will be the design of a strategic roadmap through close engagement with business partners that closely aligns security objectives and organisation with business priorities, to ensure customer obligations are fulfilled. Able to turn strategic direction into operational output, the successful incumbent will be comfortable in the management and communication of risk, and able to demonstrate competence and innovation in previous senior security roles.
As the position directly supports defence programmes, an effective understanding of the Australian Government Defence Security Principles Framework is essential, as is the ability to drive measured change across all security disciplines, including cyber/information security, emergency response and business continuity.
The role will require a business-astute and confident communicator who can operate easily at board level, but who can successfully partner with existing management to deliver tangible improvements and cohesive working relationships. This role will require strong programme management skills, with a focus on delivery, quality and the development of usable metrics.
* Maintenance of a security management system that embeds continuous improvement, risk management and assurance activities, and integrates with other functional management systems
* Development and implementation of an enduring and responsive security culture that addresses key threats and hazards
* Ensuring coherence of business-wide fire protection arrangements with Enterprise requirements
* Leadership of business-wide security governance, security workforce planning and talent management activities
* Delivery of a security strategy and portfolio of enabling activities that supports existing BDA businesses and enables the successful acquisition of new business
* Providing leadership and integration across all BDA sites, security personnel and activities to fulfil Boeing Enterprise and Australian national security requirements
Coordinating contingency planning and leading the response to business impacting events. Working with Boeing Enterprise Security leadership to harmonise regional security activities and to develop opportunities for closer integration.
To be successful you will have:
Qualifications in a security related discipline that is likely to include a Masters’ Degree. Minimum 15 years’ relevant work experience in security or similar profession with evidence of successful performance at senior management level and in delivering multi-disciplinary security services to internal and/or external customers.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the Commonwealth and/or Defence security environments, and a working familiarity with related security policies and procedures.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen and possess a current high-level national security clearance, or be capable of obtaining one within 6 months of employment.
For more information and to apply for this role, click here.