Senior Electronic Security Technician For Northern Protective Services
EK Security, a branch under Northern Protective Services (NPS), is now the largest provider of security services in the East Kimberley, with operations in Kununurra, Wyndham and Halls Creek.
With its head office is in Kununurra and operations support in Wyndham, EK Security is looking to expand its security services in the area oif CCTV and alarms installation and want the right person to start this enterprise.
The successful candidate will have significant experience working in the electronic security industry and be keenly interested in progressing to front line management. The role requires the ability to work closely with clients to assess vulnerabilities and facilitate the delivery of technical solutions.
It requires a trusted self-starter that can work unsupervised to solve complex and sensitive problems using empathy, strategic thinking, multitasking and problem solving as well as managing and training a junior apprentice through our traineeship program.
You will be based in Kununurra reporting directly to the NPS managing director and your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Schedule/facilitate/conduct onsite installation, optimisation, maintenance, testing and repair of security surveillance systems, intruder alarm systems, access control systems, intercoms, IP networks and fire detection and alarm system and CCTV
* Develop/ schedule/ facilitate maintenance schedules
* Conduct research and development into new equipment, systems, threats and processes
* Maintaining an ongoing relationship with existing clients
* Building a network for potential new clients
* Lead, encourage and mentor trainees
* Maintain company reputation
* Provide expert advice
* Ensure the proper execution of assigned duties
* Undertake site surveys
* Assist in the development of pricing strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to create a new base of operations here in the East Kimberley. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, career development, a workplace built on collaboration, housing allowance, company vehicle, the chance to work and live in the beautiful East Kimberley.
We are seeking someone who is independently driven with both understanding and experience in this industry:
* 5 years minimum experience as a Security Technician working with alarms and CCTV.
* A self-starter to drive the business forward
* An empathetic, strategic thinker who can maintain and network clientele
* Experience in project management
* The ability to program, install, optimise, maintain, test and repair security surveillance systems, intruder alarm systems, access control systems, intercoms, IP networks and fire detection and alarm systems
* Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Organised and able to deliver on scope, schedule and budget
* Committed and reliable
* Understand budgeting and statistical data analysis
* 24/7 availability
* Available to travel
Must hold or obtain within a reasonable timeframe:
* Cert 3 in Technical Security
* WA security consultants license (class 2)
* WA security installer license (class 2)
* Open cables license
* Class C driver’s license
* Working with Children Check.
The EKS team of 17 employees includes 13 full-time employees including 3 operation co-ordinators. Our team of full-time employees offer an average of 10 years’ experience in
providing security services. While we have expanded since our humble beginning, we are always looking to grow further.
Click here for more information on this role.