SAGE 2020 Pre-registrations Now Open!
SAGE will again bring together security managers, security consultants, security integrators and installers at the Realm Hotel in Canberra, November 12, to see the latest security products and technologies in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with a strong focus on operational outcomes – and COVID safety.
A combination of its location in ACT, and the compact nature of its concurrent pop-up expo and ASIS ACT seminars, allows SAGE to be the only security expo to take place in ANZ in 2020. The opportunity to catch up on all the latest technology – and to catch up with colleagues in a very carefully managed COVID-safe environment – is not something to be missed.
Unsurprisingly, because of COVID-19 restrictions, SAGE will be conducted differently this year, with attendance times managed to conform with the requirements of ACT Government’s health recommendations, as well as with procedures implemented by the Realm Hotel. Attendees should note that there have been no COVID cases in ACT for nearly 6 weeks and that NSW cases remain in single digits. Sydney people attending the event to man stands will be required to take a COVID-19 test in the week leading up to SAGE as an additional precaution.
As we know, there are existing border closures applied to some states and tighter restrictions may be applied at any time, but at this juncture, the event will go ahead as planned, complete with TGA-approved body temperature management screening (approved manual medical devices will be used if not available), contact tracing management, people counting and social distancing via FLIR Brickstream, as well as the use of masks, unless enjoying refreshments. There will also be lashings of hand sanitiser.
ACT Government restrictions mean only 100 people can be inside the main expo area at a time. Time slots and people counting will be applied to ensure this rule is managed effectively – allowing visitors time in the expo, time in the ASIS seminars, time to enjoy refreshments in the foyer, then more time in the expo hall as the day progresses.
Because of the implementation of time slots, the expo will open an hour early at 11am to give more scope for visitors to pick a time that suits them best, while allowing open time slots for second visits later in the day.
Time slots include:
Session 1: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Session 2: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Session 3: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Session 4: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Session 5: 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Session 6: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Session 7: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
If for some reason you are unable to make your time slot, please arrive at the registration desk and SAGE organisers will see if we can allow access to other time slots based on real time numbers. And please note that drinks and nibbles will be served in the hall and in the foyers, giving plenty of capacity to enjoy end of the day socialising.
ASIS ACT Seminars
Once again ASIS ACT has created an excellent seminar for the event:
* Seminar speaker 1, Geoffrey Askew, AM, Principal, Askew & Associates, and former Senior Executive (Security and Emergency Management), QANTAS Group, who will speak on “Rethinking Australian Aviation Security Management and Funding” at 10am in the seminar area.
* Speaker 2, Julian Talbot, ASM, co-author, Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge (SRMBoK), who will speak on “Enterprise Security Risk Management” at 11am.
* Speaker 3, Keynote Address by MAJGEN Dr Marcus Thompson, AM, Head, Information Warfare Division, Australian Defence Force in the main Expo Hall at 12 noon.
* Speaker 4, Raymond Frangie, CISA, CISSP, cybersecurity expert, who will speak on “Smart Buildings: Cybersecurity Threat or Opportunity” at 2pm.
* Speaker 5, Nicky Finn, agency security adviser, National Indigenous Australians Agency, who will speak on “The role of Agency Security Advisers, Accrediting and Certifying Authorities” at 3pm.
* Speaker 6, Scott Taylor, CPP, JP, chief operating officer, Southern Cross Group, and NSW ASIS Chapter Chairman, who will speak on “Defeating Access Controls Using Social Engineering” at 4pm in the main Expo Hall.
As in previous years, the seminar format will be presentations on the hour every hour from 10am (except lunch break at 1pm) for 30 minutes, with up to 15 minutes for questions, then a 15-minute break until the next speaker.
Refreshments for visitors starting at 3.30pm will be available within the expo area as well as the Melbourne and Sydney foyers – the entry and exit points for the expo hall.
ASIS ACT Annual Dinner
ASIS ACT will hold its annual dinner at the Press Club and all attendees are invited to attend on a first come, first served basis.
SAGE Expo Programme
* 9.30am – Registration for ASIS ACT seminars opens, including registration for Expo
* 10.15am – ASIS ACT seminars start
* 11am – Expo Hall opens
* 12.00 – Keynote address by Major General Dr Marcus Thompson, AM, Head, Information Warfare Division
* 6.15pm – Pre-dinner drinks, ASIS Annual Dinner, National Press Club, Canberra.
It goes without saying that these are not ordinary times, that SAGE organisers will conform with every health and safety precaution and will not hesitate to postpone the event until 2021 to ensure the safety of all involved should health recommendations require this at any time in the leadup to the event.
However, with due care and with teamwork and goodwill between all involved, SAGE seems likely to be the only opportunity security professionals will get to spend time with the latest security products and solutions in 2020.
Register here for SAGE 2020 here and make sure you see the latest security technologies in your home town! We can hardly wait to see you all there!
Exhibitors at SAGE 2020 include Access Hardware Milestone, Inner Rangge BM Doors, ASIS ACT, EZI Security Systems, OSD, Bosch, Motorola, SRA Solutions, Axis, criticalarc, CIC Technology, SCSI, Honeywell, EKA/EWA, Perimeter Systems, Warragambi, Saab, Deplpoy Systems, FSH, Geutebruck, Sektor, Traka, Gallagher, HID, Rhinoco and Amor Australia.