Southern Queensland Correctional Precinct Stage 2 – CCTV
Queensland Government’s Southern Queensland Correction Precinct Stage 2 seeks supply and installation of CCTV as part of a site electrical and communications package.
The Southern Queensland Correctional Precinct is located at Grindle Road, Spring Creek, about 12 km north-east of Gatton and about 100 km south west of Brisbane in the Lockyer Valley. The site has been master planned for the ultimate provision of 4 separate correction centres.
Only Stage 1 of the precinct has thus far been completed -Southern Queensland Correctional Centre (SQCC), 300 bed women’s correctional centre opened in 2012. All necessary external site infrastructure to support the future provision of Stage 2 , 1000 bed men’s centre was designed and constructed as part of Stage 1.
Southern Queensland Correctional Precinct Stage 2 Project will:
* Address overcrowding across the correctional system in Queensland
* Improve safety of correctional officers and prisoners
* Deliver economic boost and additional jobs during both construction and operation.
The Queensland Government has determined that this new correctional centre will adopt a health and rehabilitation operating model which will support safer communities through enhanced mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services for prisoners, with a focus on addressing the ice epidemic and its link to violent and property crime.
* Subcontractor and supplier procurement will commence in September 2020.
* Design Development anticipated to be complete by Early December 2020.
* Procurement of early works trades completed by December 2020
* Mobilisation and completion of early works scope onsite between Early December 2020 and end of January 2021
* Main works are planned for commencement in January 2021.
* Procurement for the main works is planned between December 2020 – June 2021.
* The Project is scheduled for completion in 2023.
This tender closes September 30 – you can find out more here.