ASIAL Goes To War Against Sham Subcontracts
ASIAL is working on a subcontracting code of practise to fight sham subcontracts in the security industry.
The code of practice will provide guidance for all ASIAL members who use other security businesses as subcontractors to provide additional security staff and/or security services, providing certainty for both parties in contracting agreements.
The objective of this Code of Practice on managing subcontracting arrangements in the private security sector, is to provide security operators with guidance on the lawful use of subcontractors for legitimate business purposes.
It is a practical guide which aims to:
* Ensure professional behaviour within the security industry;
* Promote compliance with legislative requirements;
* Eliminate sham contracting in the private security sector;
* Protect vulnerable workers against exploitation;
* Improve business practices; and
* Improve service delivery to the customers of the security industry as a whole.
Click here to download the draft code of practice.