Security & Government Expo Is Today!
Monique Keatinge SAGE, Peter Bourke ASIS ACT.
SAGE 2020, the only security expo to take place in Australian in 2020 (pre-register here), opens at 11am today at the Realm Hotel in Canberra!
According to SAGE organiser Monique Keatinge, there are now 375 pre-registrations for SAGE, with attendance staggered across the day in time slots to ensure conformance with ACT Government stipulations that only 190 people be in the expo space at a time.
“The pop-up nature of the SAGE expo makes meeting these requirements easy,” Keatinge said. “Though it does look like we’re going to have an extremely busy morning at the Realm this Thursday – anyone who has not pre-registered yet should select times in the afternoon, taking into account refreshments will be served from 3.30pm at locations inside and outside the expo hall.”
Sponsored by Gallagher, SAGE includes ASIS ACT seminars, which will be live streamed across multiple locations to meet social distancing requirements.
Speakers at the SAGE ASIS ACT Seminars include:
* Seminar speaker 1, Geoffrey Askew, AM, Principal, Askew & Associates, and former Senior Executive (Security and Emergency Management), QANTAS Group, who will speak on “Rethinking Australian Aviation Security Management and Funding” at 10am in the seminar area.
* Speaker 2, Julian Talbot, ASM, co-author, Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge (SRMBoK), who will speak on “Enterprise Security Risk Management” at 11am.
* Speaker 3, Keynote Address by Major General Dr Marcus Thompson, AM, Head, Information Warfare Division, Australian Defence Force in the main Expo Hall at 12 noon. Major General Thompson will share his experiences and challenges in a speech titled ‘Towards ADF Information Warfare – four years of growth’.
* Speaker 4, Raymond Frangie, CISA, CISSP, cybersecurity expert, who will speak on “Smart Buildings: Cybersecurity Threat or Opportunity” at 2pm.
* Speaker 5, Nicky Finn, agency security adviser, National Indigenous Australians Agency, who will speak on “The role of Agency Security Advisers, Accrediting and Certifying Authorities” at 3pm. Nicky’s presentation will set out the roles and responsibilities involved in gaining certification and accreditation for Australian Government compliant secure zones, as set out in the Protective Security Policy Framework, related guidance and standards.
* Speaker 6, Scott Taylor, CPP, JP, chief operating officer, Southern Cross Group, and NSW ASIS Chapter Chairman, who will speak on “Defeating Access Controls Using Social Engineering” at 4pm in the main Expo Hall.
Refreshments for visitors starting at 3.30pm will be available within the expo area as well as the Melbourne and Sydney foyers – the entry and exit points for the expo hall. ASIS ACT will hold its annual dinner at the Press Club – the dinner is sold out but talk to ASIS representatives at their stand in the expo hall and sign up for the waiting list.
SAGE Expo Programme
9.30am: Registration for ASIS ACT seminars opens, including registration for Expo
10.00am: ASIS ACT seminars start
11.00am: Expo Hall opens
12.00pm: Keynote address by Major General Dr Marcus Thompson, AM, Head, Information Warfare Division
7.00pm: ASIS Annual Dinner, National Press Club, Canberra.
Exhibitors at SAGE 2020 include AISM, Milestone, Inner Range, BM Doors, ASIS ACT, EZI Security Systems, OSD, Bosch, Avigilon, SRA Solutions, Axis, CriticalArc, CIC Technology, Honeywell, EKA/EVVA, Perimeter Systems, Warrgambi, Saab, Deploy Systems, Allegion, Geutebruck, Sektor, Traka, Gallagher, HID, Rhinoco, Argent and AMS Australia – don’t miss the opportunity to see their latest solutions at the Realm Hotel, Canberra, 11am-6pm, November 12!
Pre-register here and we’ll see you all there!