Australian Government Incentives For Technical Security Training
Technical security training incentives have been introduced by the Australian Government and are available now from nationally registered training organisation, Comtech Training.
Government Employer Incentives – Technical Security Training is available for upskilling existing workers and technicians already employed, experienced and/or previously qualified. Also available to new entrants to the industry with limited experience / qualifications. Technicians must register as either an existing worker trainee or a new entrant trainee.
• Up to $28,000 available to cover 50 per cent of a technician’s wages for 12 months, plus
• Up to $5,000 in cash incentives for training existing workers and new entrant technicians, plus
• Up to $4,000 to train technicians over 21 years old, plus
• Payroll tax subsidies and rebates, plus
• State Government Funding for subsidised training fees, plus
• Other State Government incentives such as travel allowances, car registration rebates, etc.
Qualifications available include:
ICT30519 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
– ACMA Cabling Registration
– ACMA Cabling Endorsements (Structured, Optical Fibre, Coaxial Cabling)
– CCTV & Alarm Installations
– Design & Construct an IP Network
– Fault Finding on a Wireless Network.
ICT41219 – Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology
– Build & Maintain a Wireless Network
– Build & Maintain an IP System
– Repair & Fault Find a Network
– Address customer and business requirements.
Conditions of the incentives programme:
– Must be employed full-time OR part-time
– Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
– Be employed or become employed in a technical installation role
– Attend formal training at Comtech Training and complete all sections of the training to gain the full
For more information contact Cameron Dooner at [email protected] or on 0452 221 651 or visit http://www.comtech.edu.au for more information.