Pelco Releases New 4K Camera for Challenging Lighting Conditions
Pelco GFC Professional 4K delivers 8MP resolution for video security applications with heavy foot and vehicular traffic.
PELCO’S new GFC Professional 4K delivers 8MP resolution for video security applications with heavy foot and vehicular traffic and challenging lighting conditions.
“Pelco has successfully applied 4K technology to solve real security video challenges – providing more detail even in scenes with low light or overly bright areas, and doing this cost-effectively without unduly burdening storage costs,” says Sophie Wang, senior global product line manager.
“Unlike other vendors’ 4K cameras, the robust Pelco Pro firmware feature set on the GFC Professional 4K maximizes image quality, light sensitivity and much more.”
In comparative tests using the ISO standard for evaluating a camera’s true dynamic range (tone contrast within an image), and not a proprietary vendor test with undisclosed “forensic” conditions, the GFC Professional 4K consistently tested 5-9 per cent higher than the competitor’s 4K camera, according to Pelco.
Additionally, the GFC Professional 4K is said to deliver category-leading 0.2 lux light sensitivity performance at 30FPS in color mode.
GFC Professional 4K Camera Features:
* Up to 4K/8MP Resolution in 30FPS: Contains up to 4 times the resolution of 1080p, a single fixed camera can cover a wide area with highly accurate and clear details
* H.265 video coding & Pelco Smart Compression: Decrease bandwidth and video recording costs
* Wide Temperature Range: This camera operates in extreme temperature environments with a temperature range between –40° to 60°C (–40°F to 162.5°F), and up to 65°C (149°F) at four hours/day
* 100dB True Wide Dynamic Range (WDR): Brings out the detail in both very bright and dark areas to maximize visibility and is useful in scenes where there are dark and bright areas in the image; lobby areas with streaming sunlight and nighttime traffic with headlights and taillights that obscure license plates
* IR Illumination: The built-in IR illuminator produces detailed images in zero light, and the adaptive IR illuminator avoids overexposure that can hinder detection
* Motorized lens with P-Iris: In addition to remotely zoom and focus control, the P-Iris enables more precise control on the light reaching the sensor resulting in better image clarity and depth-of-field in all lighting conditions
* IK10, IP66 rating & metal construction: Both indoor and outdoor cameras are rugged, vandal resistant and waterproof
* 3 independent, configurable streams: All 2 streams are configurable with video coding (H.265/H.264/MJEPG), resolution and frame rate. This enables more flexibility in recording and viewing video
* Audio and alarm functions: Operators can interface with other systems and the camera to promptly react to events and incidents. Real-time audio enhances the security information captured by the camera
* Dome versions will be available for purchase in late November, and bullet versions will be available in December.